Mr. Warren

Offering to be a moderator

Mr. Warren

I certainly appreciate all of the offers I have been receiving to become a moderator. I am glad to know so many of you care about the community and want to help it grow and be protected. I am certainly looking for more moderators, that is true, but I am also trying to be slow and careful with the deliberation process. There are many criteria I am looking for, and I am trying to get to know you all through your posts. As such, having a post count of at least 100 or 200 hundred is something any moderator candidate would have to have to be considered, but I am essentially considering everyone, so it isn't the kind of thing you need to apply for.

• Like 10

Alexei

I certainly appreciate all of the offers I have been receiving to become a moderator. I am glad to know so many of you care about the community and want to help it grow and be protected. I am certainly looking for more moderators, that is true, but I am also trying to be slow and careful with the deliberation process. There are many criteria I am looking for, and I am trying to get to know you all through your posts. As such, having a post count of at least 100 or 200 hundred is something any moderator candidate would have to have to be considered, but I am essentially considering everyone, so it isn't the kind of thing you need to apply for.

As such, having a post count of at least 100 or 200 hundred is something any moderator candidate would have to have to be considered
How about having at least 300 posts LOL.. JK

I am happy that you are still looking and are taking a slow and deliberate testing process. To give someone that kinda of power when they can't handle the responsibility, would be imprudent.

Sab

I don’t think I can handle the responsibility of being a moderator.

Sab

Responsibilities*

Winter_Soldier04

I know I don't have 100 posts...yet... but I would love to be a moderator to make this community the best it can be and to help it out as best I can! :D;)

Elizabeth of Narnia

Me either...

Winter_Soldier04

I would be more than willing!

leilani.k

I haven't known you that long, but you seem really responsible.

I vote Winter_Soldier04 for student moderator! :lol:

Faustina720

Well it’s actually not a matter of voting or volunteering. It depends on how long you’ve been a member and how active you are (so Mr. Warren can see how well you fit the criteria for moderator). It’s a very careful process. ;)

• Like 2

Michelina2017

Well it’s actually not a matter of voting or volunteering. It depends on how long you’ve been a member and how active you are (so Mr. Warren can see how well you fit the criteria for moderator). It’s a very careful process. ;)

Precisely. There are a lot of things to take into consideration when appointing a new moderator. Which is why there is a 100-200 minimum post count before someone can even be considered for the position.

• Like 1

slope123

Precisely. There are a lot of things to take into consideration when appointing a new moderator. Which is why there is a 100-200 minimum post count before someone can even be considered for the position.

Plus he has to make sure your not a troll or something.

• Haha 2

Jacinta

Can I ask what exactly a moderator does?

Faustina720

Sure. It’s precisely what you’d think: we moderate the posts. We just keep an eye over the conversations and make sure no one posts anything against the rules or guidelines, and if someone does, you have the ability to edit or remove the post. And pretty much just making sure topics are under the correct forum, etc.

Jacinta

Sure. It’s precisely what you’d think: we moderate the posts. We just keep an eye over the conversations and make sure no one posts anything against the rules or guidelines, and if someone does, you have the ability to edit or remove the post. And pretty much just making sure topics are under the correct forum, etc.

Oh, that sounds pretty neat! How would you apply?

Faustina720

Well you actually don’t apply. As I stated above, it’s up to Mr. Warren (aka Draper) to nominate the moderators. We have to make sure they fit the proper criteria and, for one thing, one has to be active (at least 100-200 posts). The process of choosing one takes time and careful consideration. =)

Faustina720

If you missed this, this is what Mr. Warren said himself:

Jacinta

Well you actually don’t apply. As I stated above, it’s up to Mr. Warren (aka Draper) to nominate the moderators. We have to make sure they fit the proper criteria and, for one thing, one has to be active (at least 100-200 posts). The process of choosing one takes time and careful consideration. =)

Oh ok, thanks:) That's a good method. So far, I think all you guys have done an awesome job of monitoring! :D

SlyGuy12

Oh ok, thanks:) That's a good method. So far, I think all you guys have done an awesome job of monitoring! :D

Thank you :mrgreen::lol:

Jacinta

Thank you :mrgreen::lol:

Of course! :lol:

Faustina720

You’re welcome! Indeed it is. Thank you so much!! :D:D

Jacinta

You’re welcome! Indeed it is. Thank you so much!! :D:D

Yes! Thank you! :)

Michelina2017

Thank you! ?

Winter_Soldier04

I haven't known you that long, but you seem really responsible.

I vote Winter_Soldier04 for student moderator! :lol:

Thanks, Leilani! I would do the best I could to make this community a better place!

slope123

Isn't nominating yourself as moderator kind of frowned upon? I was always under the impression that those who become moderators are chosen by their great ability.

• Like 1

Faustina720

Isn't nominating yourself as moderator kind of frowned upon? I was always under the impression that those who become moderators are chosen by their great ability.

I wouldn’t say frowned upon... It’s great to see members so enthusiastic to help out. After all, you have to be willing to be a moderator. But that’s just not how they’re chosen, since it’s based off of a certain criteria.