Catholic Harbor Improvement Plan

Mr. Warren

10 minutes ago, maudeviolin said:

Thank you Draper, this sounds like a really great plan. However, I have one question: if a member wants to deactivate his or her account for good, like @Daisy and @SlyGuy12 did, can they still do so? I agree that the "temporary deactivations" have gone way out of control, but if a member wants to leave for good, can they still ask you to permanently deactivate/delete their account?

No. They can just stop posting, there is no need to deactivate. Who knows, maybe 2 years from now they will want to stop by and see how things are going. If there is some serious reason, they can have a parent contact me to deactivate.

• Like 2
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rebel Nodrey

• Lynn Kurenai

• Dais

• Mr. Warren

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

But it may become better than the ch you signed up for.

It won't. Things just got more strict and less fun.

• Like 6
Rebel Nodrey
2 minutes ago, Lydia_rose said:

We have already had to adapt to alot. As I have said before, this is not the CH that we signed up for.

Bingo

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

But it may become better than the ch you signed up for.

Fat chance. That CH is too far gone. With spam city gone not much is ever going to be the same. 

• Like 4

Yeah I dunno if I like this... 

i loved status updates and spam city heaps :cry:

Edited by poland2018
  • Agree/Same 3
7 minutes ago, Rebel Nodrey said:

Good to know we aren't fighting a pointless battle.

Since I am not going to change course on those things, it is kind of a counter-productive "battle."

Rebel Nodrey
Just now, Draper said:

Since I am not going to change course on those things, it is kind of a counter-productive "battle."

At least we can still make our voices heard.

• Like 3

Ok, I'm going to say this here since if I make a new topic, i think less people will see it, but here goes.

Guys, we have a whole lot of smart people on the CH staff team. They seem to think that CHIP will be good for CH. I have only been here about six months, and so I might not have been here in the "good old days" but I've sure had a lot of fun. I understand that we can trust the staff team and their decisions. Like I said above, they seem to think CHIP will be good for the Harbour. I, for one, am not going to brush off their ideas, which I'm sure they spent a lot of time working on. I don't want to see anyone else leave, but I'd like to remind you guys that the staff team is trying to make the Harbour better, not only for us, but for all the members that come after us. Hopefully CH will be around long after all of us are gone. We need to all remember that Catholic Harbour is a privilege, that the staff team is trying to make it better for us, and those that come after us, and that if we give it a chance, and work out the kinks, we can make it work. 

Thank you for reading this. I will be happy to give any clarification necessary, and I'd like to say thank you to our amazing staff team! God bless😉

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, Rebel Nodrey said:

Bingo

Fat chance. That CH is too far gone. With spam city gone not much is ever going to be the same. 

So you're saying spam city was all that was fun in CH? Im pretty sure Draper countlessly reffered to it as a trash bin, and im pretty sure the mods HATED looking though it trying to moderate it. Its for the greater good

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree/Same 1

Come on guys, we're supposed to be mature high schoolers and we're acting like little kids! When we don't get our way we get all mad and then sulk. Just give Catholic Harbor a chance- this is really how CH was designed to be, and I really think that we can get along and have fun by having good conversations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree/Same 3
Rebel Nodrey
Just now, Daisy62300 said:

So you're saying spam city was all that was fun in CH? Im pretty sure Draper countlessly reffered to it as a trash bin, and im pretty sure the mods HATED looking though it trying to moderate it. Its for the greater good

Now, but it was where I spent most of my time. RP for me is dying because I leave soon.

Just now, Mr. Rock said:

Come on guys, we're supposed to be mature high schoolers and we're acting like little kids! When we don't get our way we get all mad and then sulk. Just give Catholic Harbor a chance- this is really how CH was designed to be, and I really think that we can get along and have fun by having good conversations.

Aka spam city where you couldn't get modded for off topic stuff. Just saying.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Rock said:

Haha yeh good point. I just think some members are just a bit disappointed and surprised that Spam city is gone. I for one am. Status updates too. They were really easy to talk with people or a group of people without having to PM. (PMs can’t be grouped anyway so) also the music forum. 

just my point of view. 🙂

Edited by poland2018
lovetobowl1
2 minutes ago, Rebel Nodrey said:

Now, but it was where I spent most of my time. RP for me is dying because I leave soon.

Yeah I’m always getting modded for off topic stuff but like how else are you supposed to make conversation you take one and move onto another 

• Like 1
Just now, Rebel Nodrey said:

Going off-topic is never good and not fun for everyone else. 

• Agree/Same 2
2 minutes ago, Rebel Nodrey said:

Well, think of it as spam city being the one place were all the rules are allowed to be broken.  If a new member checks spam city before anything else,  they would think "oh, so this is aloud" and that behavior would leak into other topics.  And yes, ik spam city was like a safe haven,  but when it was almost all that CH was known for..... yeah,  that was a problem

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Lydia_rose said:

It won't. Things just got more strict and less fun.

19 minutes ago, poland2018 said:

Yeah I dunno if I like this... 

i loved status updates and spam city heaps :cry:

Yeah I agree with you guys. I'm going to miss all the memories is SC.... it was our place to goof off and joke around. :/

I appreciate the effort from the staff though to make things better. I just can never tell if it really will :((

• Like 2
  • Agree/Same 2
Rebel Nodrey
2 minutes ago, Daisy62300 said:

Well, think of it as spam city being the one place were all the rules are allowed to be broken.  If a new member checks spam city before anything else,  they would think "oh, so this is aloud" and that behavior would leak into other topics.  And yes, ik spam city was like a safe haven,  but when it was almost all that CH was known for..... yeah,  that was a problem

It was also a place to have random conversations and make friends.

• Like 2
  • Agree/Same 1
10 hours ago, Lydia_rose said:

Sorry to say this, but I feel like with the mods voting for ambassadors they will just show favoritism and only vote for their friends or the people the like.

I understand why you'd feel that way. We all worked together to ensure that each Ambassador pick have objective (but virtuous) qualities to ensure that moderator bias would not impact our decision in any way. 

I'm very excited about our future Ambassadors, and I'm sure you'll love our picks =)

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Born4Bacon said:

Yeah I agree with you guys. I'm going to miss all the memories is SC.... it was our place to goof off and joke around. :/

I appreciate the effort from the staff though to make things better. I just can never tell if it really will :((

I agree... 

Same... I never really came to terms with the new migrantion.. so I’m feeling split. About this..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rebel Nodrey said:

Im pretty sure the night shift club fixes that, or the new random topics forum

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rebel Nodrey said:

That's what General Discussion is for. 

Just now, Aeri said:

I understand why you'd feel that way. We all worked together to ensure that each Ambassador pick have objective (but virtuous) qualities to ensure that moderator bias would not impact our decision in any way. 

I'm very excited about our future Ambassadors, and I'm sure you'll love our picks =)

When will they be announced? And do the future ambassadors know already?

• Like 1
  • Agree/Same 1
Just now, poland2018 said:

I agree... 

Same... I never really came to terms with the new migrantion.. so I’m feeling split. About this..

I know. 

I know this is supposed to make CH better, and more open to new members. But we have to fix the problem with the dissatisfied older members before we can work on new members. The migration already had split people up, and this is just going to cause even more of a rift between older and newer members... and the older members are just leaving. 

• Like 1
  • Agree/Same 1
1 minute ago, Daisy62300 said:

When will they be announced? And do the future ambassadors know already?

Only time will tell ;)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, lovetobowl1 said:

Yeah I’m always getting modded for off topic stuff but like how else are you supposed to make conversation you take one and move onto another 

When you're doing one-on-one conversation (like in PMs) it's totally okay to move from one topic to the next and let. But when you're in in a thread with a specific topic, it's rude to go off talking about other things.

• Like 1