Catholic Harbor Improvement Plan

Mr. Warren

Lynn Kurenai
Just now, Rebel Nodrey said:

Dang it. Welp. Tag me when it starts up

Miss? Email? You are.in charge and I have to wait for your reply?!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rebel Nodrey

• Lynn Kurenai

• Dais

• Mr. Warren

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel Nodrey
2 minutes ago, Lynn Kurenai said:

Miss? Email? You are.in charge and I have to wait for your reply?!

Oh yeah I was talking bout fwc. Hold on

32 minutes ago, Daisy62300 said:

I KNOW THAT! But maybe be a little more considerate before you post something. This group of about 8 young men and women are tasked to look through all our posts, which number over the 1000's mind you, looking for rule breaking. Spam city was just a pain in the *behind* for them, BC in all honesty, who would want to look through 1 to about 15 pages of crap PER TOPIC. And the catch,  THEY DON'T EVEN GET PAID! Need i say more? Spam city being removed is releasing them from a VERY heavy yoke

Welp. Thx for the edit draper!

• Haha 2

for all the people saying this isnt the ch you signed up for @Draper is making it more like the og ch, where there was no SC. A lot of the people who are complaining about SC being gone weren't on when SC wasn't a thing (i think) so children lets give it a try before we judge it, i dont like SC being gone personally it seems counterproductive. But who knows, it might help ch grow more or it might flunk. A lot of this depends on how us members react to these changes, we need to adapt and topics like IYH2 whose sole purpose was to chat can still be made and used. If ya'll have any complaints lets deal with them respectfully, i get its hard to see ch so different but its still Ch, and these changes were a long way coming so its not like we didnt have any warning. no offense meant to anyone(:

• Like 6
  • Agree/Same 1
1 minute ago, SolKitty said:

for all the people saying this isnt the ch you signed up for @Draper is making it more like the og ch, where there was no SC

Yes!! When Catholic Harbor was originally started in Dec. 2017, there was no SC and it was like that for three months. Everything was fine, too.

• Like 1

Question: @Draper I understand that this might make things hard for mods, but is there any chance we could have a topic or two in hm where it's fine to go off topic and basically just chat about anything? It seems like a lot of people are complaining about iyh2 being killed because they could just chat there and not worry about going off topic. Could that particular rule be relaxed in a topic or two in hm so it's easier to simply chat?

Edited by Phoenix
  • Like 1
  • Agree/Same 1
SmartKitty16
50 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Question: @Draper I understand that this might make things hard for mods, but is there any chance we could have a topic or two in hm where it's fine to go off topic and basically just chat about anything? It seems like a lot of people are complaining about iyh2 being killed because they could just chat there and not worry about going off topic. Could that particular rule be relaxed in a topic or two in hm so it's easier to simply chat?

Well @Kasia made a group chat already. 

It's in Uncategorized Topics. 

Edited by SmartKitty16
Wow I can't spell XP
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

The Night Club has been like that every since Humorous Musings was created.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Draper said:

The Night Club has been like that every since Humorous Musings was created.

Yeah, but I think they want something for all the times, versus just a night thing, as the name suggests.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Yeah, but I think they want something for all the times, versus just a night thing, as the name suggests.

There are like 2 or 3 group chat topics that people have made since the update

edit: here u go http://www.catholicharbor.com/topic/13749-bncfchu/?tab=comments#comment-775899 

http://www.catholicharbor.com/topic/13655-awesome-group-chat/

Edited by Nina
3 hours ago, Daisy62300 said:

Four to be exact. And the whole spam city being removed probably relieves alot of stress off their shoulders

Yeah just make things better for the mods because they are the only people who matter here anyway.

2 minutes ago, Lydia_rose said:

Yeah just make things better for the mods because they are the only people who matter here anyway.

Umm... no?

1 minute ago, Lydia_rose said:

well that is sure what it seems like here

We are all important to draper. Spam city being deleted was to make it easier for mods, cuz we get to sit around while they have to work their bottoms off trying to keep us in check

• Like 1
SassyCapybara

I'm seeing a lot of self-centered comments in here. I, myself, find it to be instinct to think of others before myself. Sure, I might disagree with some of these changes, but should I be focused on what I personally want, or what will benefit the whole community? I think CHIP is a great idea and that things will get better. I don't like some of the changes, but I can move past that because I know this will be better for everyone.

There. I've said my piece. Please don't start arguing with me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree/Same 1
SmartKitty16
29 minutes ago, Lydia_rose said:

24 minutes ago, Lydia_rose said:

well that is sure what it seems like here

That is not true. We have rules so everyone can have a safe place to talk to other Seton students. 

If we had no rules in government, everyone would do whatever they want to and people would get hurt. If we had no rules in the Church, no one would know how to get to Heaven. If our parents did not instruct us, we wouldn't know what is right or wrong. 

So you see, rules are very important. Yes they can feel constraining and maybe we don't like them, but it's for the best. Mr. Warren is improving things for the mods, but really it's for all of us. (:

• Like 1
Margaret Marie
4 hours ago, Aeri said:

Only time will tell ;)

I'm a bit confused though. If the Ambassadors have been chosen and notified, why haven't they been announced? Do special accounts or something need to be set up?

• Like 1
SmartKitty16
Just now, Margaret Marie said:

I'm a bit confused though. If the Ambassadors have been chosen and notified, why haven't they been announced? Do special accounts or something need to be set up?

Maybe possible candidates need to get parental permission first? 

Idk it's a responsibility. It can't be decided overnight, yknow?

Just now, Margaret Marie said:

They have not been notified yet. The CHIP has required a lot of time (I still don't have graphics for the new forums).

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Born4Bacon said:

Yes you're correct. It probably does... but referring back to when we only had about five, and we had SC and it was fine. That of course was because we didn't have nearly as many members as we do now. Back then only about 90-100 members were active... and only a couple posted regularly. I think the solution to this problem is this: more members, more moderators. I don't think we exactly need to eliminate forums to do that... in my opinion it's going to be more cluttered. But we can't really change anything by arguing and I guess we'll just have to see how this plays out (:

I get what you are saying, but to be honest, I don't think more moderators would have helped the situation all that much. Spam City was filled with tens of thousands of posts every month. Even if there had been 10 or 15 moderators on the team, it still would have been practically impossible for them to check if every one of those posts was not against the rules. Although the mods do try their best to keep this site clean and safe, Spam City was simply too much for them and that would still have been the case even if the number of mods was larger.

I also think it's worth pointing out that in the early days of CH, Spam City wasn't all that much of a problem even though the rules and the mods were almost the same as they are now. What changed was not so much the rules or the number of mods but rather the attitude of a lot of members when they posted on Spam City. It is indeed true that Spam City was always kind of a wild place on the Harbor. But in the early days, even though Spam City wasn't as heavily regulated by the staff as other forums, the members who posted on there were mature enough to regulate themselves. They knew what the limits and rules of this site were and still had them in mind when posting on Spam City. That was what made Spam City's existence less problematic and allowed the mods not to worry all that much about it. However, in recent months, that wasn't really the case. Just think of all the dramas that came out of Spam City. Or just look at how many times the 'if you had to 2' topic had to be locked because of all the problems coming out of there. If people had controlled themselves, none of those dramas would have happened and there would have been no need for mods to regulate SC. But once people started thinking of Spam City as a place where they could do whatever they wanted without nobody regulating them, there was no way in which the mods could keep up with all the mess going on there. That was, at least based on what I've seen, what made it ultimately too problematic for Spam City to continue existing.

• Like 10