Mr. Warren

Status Update Forum

Mr. Warren

I am creating a new subforum to house all of the status updates. I was hoping they wouldn't catch on as much as they did, and they overwhelm the personal announcements forum. Post count is turned off in the new subforum to discourage spam-type posting.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

SmartKitty16

Thank you so much Mr. Warren!

lovetobowl1

There are still some not In the sub forum tho 

SmartKitty16
16 minutes ago, lovetobowl1 said:

There are still some not In the sub forum tho 

You can report those and just say in the description box it needs to be moved (:

lovetobowl1
1 hour ago, SmartKitty16 said:

You can report those and just say in the description box it needs to be moved (:

Mmm k thank you (:

• Like 1

pianoplayingpony

YAY! Thank you!!

How do we stay on topic, though? As in, what IS the official definition of being on topic? How far off topic can part of your comment go without being spam? Is it different in SU's?

I'm worried about going off topic unintentionally again.

@Mr. Warren

Mr. Warren
2 hours ago, pianoplayingpony said:

YAY! Thank you!!

How do we stay on topic, though? As in, what IS the official definition of being on topic? How far off topic can part of your comment go without being spam? Is it different in SU's?

I'm worried about going off topic unintentionally again.

@Mr. Warren

It is supposed to be about things that are affecting that person (i.e. their status). Like a mini-semi-public diary with things you want to share with others I guess.

• Thanks 1

Solkitty
22 minutes ago, Mr. Warren said:

It is supposed to be about things that are affecting that person (i.e. their status). Like a mini-semi-public diary with things you want to share with others I guess.

So if I post a lot of entries in my diary so to speak would I be spamming my status updates?

• Like 1

Mr. Warren
9 minutes ago, Solkitty said:

So if I post a lot of entries in my diary so to speak would I be spamming my status updates?

No, just because you might have more to say or share about yourself than someone else doesn't make it spam.

• Like 3

Solkitty
3 hours ago, Mr. Warren said:

No, just because you might have more to say or share about yourself than someone else doesn't make it spam.

@Maximilian Kolbe HAH

• Like 1
  • Agree/Same 1
  • Confused 1

lovetobowl1
32 minutes ago, Solkitty said:

I was thinking the same thing 

• Like 2

Brigieboo22

Turning off the post count is a good idea. 👍😉 Otherwise you could just post a bunch of short things on your status update to get your content number higher

Edited by Brigieboo22
  • Like 3
  • Agree/Same 2

Minerva_Nova

What are status updates exactly?

Maximilian Kolbe
41 minutes ago, Minerva_Nova said:

Before the Catholic Harbor Improvement Program, there were places on people's profile where you could post little thoughts, images, etc. Your followers would be notified if they wanted to know that you had posted one. Now they are topics where people do the same.

• Like 1

Minerva_Nova
1 minute ago, Maximilian Kolbe said:

Before the Catholic Harbor Improvement Program, there were places on people's profile where you could post little thoughts, images, etc. Your followers would be notified if they wanted to know that you had posted one. Now they are topics where people do the same.

Oooh okay!

Maximilian Kolbe
On 9/7/2019 at 12:41 AM, Solkitty said:

On 9/7/2019 at 1:14 AM, lovetobowl1 said:

I was thinking the same thing 

I notice your thoughts, and for the record, what I said had to do with a ton of posts of extremely short length posted at the exact same time. Putting them into one post instead of posting and posting and posting, sometimes with the exact same wording, is in fact spam when it could be included in one post.

Hence my reasoning previously.

Now however it is a little less pertinent as post count is off, but still, it makes it a lot cleaner looking to put it all in one post.

• Like 4

pianoplayingpony
On 9/6/2019 at 11:06 PM, Mr. Warren said:

Is it possible to get off topic or are status update pages like profiles where if someone wants to tell you something they go there?

It's probably a learning experience for CH and we'll figure this out as we go..

• Like 1

Mr. Warren
50 minutes ago, pianoplayingpony said:

where if someone wants to tell you something they go there?

If it isn't of interest for the whole community, it might be more of a personal message situation in that case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lovetobowl1
On 9/11/2019 at 2:56 PM, Maximilian Kolbe said:

I notice your thoughts, and for the record, what I said had to do with a ton of posts of extremely short length posted at the exact same time. Putting them into one post instead of posting and posting and posting, sometimes with the exact same wording, is in fact spam when it could be included in one post.

Hence my reasoning previously.

Now however it is a little less pertinent as post count is off, but still, it makes it a lot cleaner looking to put it all in one post.

Short or long it’s still not spam technically.

You people just want it all in one post so it’s easier for you to moderate.

im still surprised you haven’t shut mine down yet or gave it a warning 

Edited by lovetobowl1

Brigieboo22

@Mr. Warren, just curious, does the one word spam rule still apply? Even though the post count is turned off? 

Nate Hibl
3 minutes ago, Brigieboo22 said:

@Mr. Warren, just curious, does the one word spam rule still apply? Even though the post count is turned off? 

there is no more one word spam rule anymore.

Brigieboo22
2 minutes ago, Nate Hibl said:

there is no more one word spam rule anymore.

Ok. Ty

Mr. Warren
4 hours ago, Brigieboo22 said:

Ok. Ty

Yeah, we removed that back in June as part of the Catholic Harbor Improvement Plan. There is still a spam rule of course, so a single word can be spam, but only if it doesn't contribute to the topic or is irrelevant. 

• Thanks 1

Halfling Sized Ranger
On 9/10/2019 at 6:55 PM, Minerva_Nova said:

On 9/10/2019 at 7:38 PM, Maximilian Kolbe said:

Yeah, as @Maximilian Kolbe pretty much put it (and maybe in fewer words), they're a short, quick way to inform people what you're doing/thinking, i.e. Chicken on pizza is amazing or please pray for my sick relative or something like that.

• Thanks 1