Jump to content
Mr. Warren

Status Update Forum

Recommended Posts

Mr. Warren

I am creating a new subforum to house all of the status updates. I was hoping they wouldn't catch on as much as they did, and they overwhelm the personal announcements forum. Post count is turned off in the new subforum to discourage spam-type posting.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
SmartKitty16

Thank you so much Mr. Warren!

Share this post


Link to post
lovetobowl1

There are still some not In the sub forum tho 

Share this post


Link to post
SmartKitty16
16 minutes ago, lovetobowl1 said:

There are still some not In the sub forum tho 

You can report those and just say in the description box it needs to be moved (:

Share this post


Link to post
lovetobowl1
1 hour ago, SmartKitty16 said:

You can report those and just say in the description box it needs to be moved (:

Mmm k thank you (:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
pianoplayingpony

YAY! Thank you!!

How do we stay on topic, though? As in, what IS the official definition of being on topic? How far off topic can part of your comment go without being spam? Is it different in SU's?

I'm worried about going off topic unintentionally again.

@Mr. Warren

Share this post


Link to post
Mr. Warren
2 hours ago, pianoplayingpony said:

YAY! Thank you!!

How do we stay on topic, though? As in, what IS the official definition of being on topic? How far off topic can part of your comment go without being spam? Is it different in SU's?

I'm worried about going off topic unintentionally again.

@Mr. Warren

It is supposed to be about things that are affecting that person (i.e. their status). Like a mini-semi-public diary with things you want to share with others I guess.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Solkitty
22 minutes ago, Mr. Warren said:

It is supposed to be about things that are affecting that person (i.e. their status). Like a mini-semi-public diary with things you want to share with others I guess.

So if I post a lot of entries in my diary so to speak would I be spamming my status updates?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mr. Warren
9 minutes ago, Solkitty said:

So if I post a lot of entries in my diary so to speak would I be spamming my status updates?

No, just because you might have more to say or share about yourself than someone else doesn't make it spam.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Solkitty
3 hours ago, Mr. Warren said:

No, just because you might have more to say or share about yourself than someone else doesn't make it spam.

@Maximilian Kolbe HAH

  • Like 1
  • Agree/Same 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
lovetobowl1
32 minutes ago, Solkitty said:

I was thinking the same thing 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Brigieboo22

Turning off the post count is a good idea. 👍😉 Otherwise you could just post a bunch of short things on your status update to get your content number higher

Edited by Brigieboo22
  • Like 3
  • Agree/Same 2

Share this post


Link to post
Minerva_Nova

What are status updates exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Maximilian Kolbe
41 minutes ago, Minerva_Nova said:

What are status updates exactly?

Before the Catholic Harbor Improvement Program, there were places on people's profile where you could post little thoughts, images, etc. Your followers would be notified if they wanted to know that you had posted one. Now they are topics where people do the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Minerva_Nova
1 minute ago, Maximilian Kolbe said:

Before the Catholic Harbor Improvement Program, there were places on people's profile where you could post little thoughts, images, etc. Your followers would be notified if they wanted to know that you had posted one. Now they are topics where people do the same.

Oooh okay!

Share this post


Link to post
Maximilian Kolbe
On 9/7/2019 at 12:41 AM, Solkitty said:

 

On 9/7/2019 at 1:14 AM, lovetobowl1 said:

I was thinking the same thing 

I notice your thoughts, and for the record, what I said had to do with a ton of posts of extremely short length posted at the exact same time. Putting them into one post instead of posting and posting and posting, sometimes with the exact same wording, is in fact spam when it could be included in one post.

Hence my reasoning previously.

Now however it is a little less pertinent as post count is off, but still, it makes it a lot cleaner looking to put it all in one post.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
pianoplayingpony
On 9/6/2019 at 11:06 PM, Mr. Warren said:

It is supposed to be about things that are affecting that person (i.e. their status). Like a mini-semi-public diary with things you want to share with others I guess.

Is it possible to get off topic or are status update pages like profiles where if someone wants to tell you something they go there?

It's probably a learning experience for CH and we'll figure this out as we go..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mr. Warren
50 minutes ago, pianoplayingpony said:

where if someone wants to tell you something they go there?

If it isn't of interest for the whole community, it might be more of a personal message situation in that case.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
lovetobowl1
On 9/11/2019 at 2:56 PM, Maximilian Kolbe said:

 

I notice your thoughts, and for the record, what I said had to do with a ton of posts of extremely short length posted at the exact same time. Putting them into one post instead of posting and posting and posting, sometimes with the exact same wording, is in fact spam when it could be included in one post.

Hence my reasoning previously.

Now however it is a little less pertinent as post count is off, but still, it makes it a lot cleaner looking to put it all in one post.

Short or long it’s still not spam technically.

You people just want it all in one post so it’s easier for you to moderate.

im still surprised you haven’t shut mine down yet or gave it a warning 

Edited by lovetobowl1

Share this post


Link to post
Brigieboo22

@Mr. Warren, just curious, does the one word spam rule still apply? Even though the post count is turned off? 

Share this post


Link to post
Nate Hibl
3 minutes ago, Brigieboo22 said:

@Mr. Warren, just curious, does the one word spam rule still apply? Even though the post count is turned off? 

there is no more one word spam rule anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Brigieboo22
2 minutes ago, Nate Hibl said:

there is no more one word spam rule anymore.

Ok. Ty

Share this post


Link to post
Mr. Warren
4 hours ago, Brigieboo22 said:

Ok. Ty

Yeah, we removed that back in June as part of the Catholic Harbor Improvement Plan. There is still a spam rule of course, so a single word can be spam, but only if it doesn't contribute to the topic or is irrelevant. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Halfling Sized Ranger
On 9/10/2019 at 6:55 PM, Minerva_Nova said:

What are status updates exactly?

 

On 9/10/2019 at 7:38 PM, Maximilian Kolbe said:

Before the Catholic Harbor Improvement Program, there were places on people's profile where you could post little thoughts, images, etc. Your followers would be notified if they wanted to know that you had posted one. Now they are topics where people do the same.

Yeah, as @Maximilian Kolbe pretty much put it (and maybe in fewer words), they're a short, quick way to inform people what you're doing/thinking, i.e. Chicken on pizza is amazing or please pray for my sick relative or something like that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...