Jump to content
Mr. Warren

Single word posts = Spam

Recommended Posts

Mr. Warren

I just want to remind everyone that according to our Spam policy, single-word or single-emoji posts are considered spam. Posts that just say "ok", "yes", or "thanks" really aren't necessary, or if you do really need to say thank you to someone, elaborate a little and make it a sentence. Spam is only allowed in Spam City, not in the other forums.

Thanks. :classic_wink:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Jacob
24 minutes ago, Draper said:

I just want to remind everyone that according to our Spam policy, single-word or single-emoji posts are considered spam. Posts that just say "ok", "yes", or "thanks" really aren't necessary, or if you do really need to say thank you to someone, elaborate a little and make it a sentence. Spam is only allowed in Spam City, not in the other forums.

Thanks. :classic_wink:

oh okay sry about that i do that a little:roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Liam

Thank you, I see so many unnecessary responses of just one word and some emojis  

Share this post


Link to post
Alexei
15 hours ago, Draper said:

I just want to remind everyone that according to our Spam policy, single-word or single-emoji posts are considered spam. Posts that just say "ok", "yes", or "thanks" really aren't necessary, or if you do really need to say thank you to someone, elaborate a little and make it a sentence. Spam is only allowed in Spam City, not in the other forums.

Thanks. :classic_wink:

there is a way of fixing that, with the option to like a post. Like on SWC where you have the option to like, thanks, confused, or sad the post. 

but they also have a different reputation system which goes up with the amount people react to their posts..  ?

Edited by TheKanadianKoala
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Aeri
11 hours ago, Liam said:

Thank you, I see so many unnecessary responses of just one word and some emojis  

If you ever see those, please report them! It makes moderating them much easier for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
CherubPB

Posts or topic titles? I don't hang out on forums much so I don't know the terms lol

Share this post


Link to post
Aeri
5 minutes ago, CherubPB said:

Posts or topic titles? I don't hang out on forums much so I don't know the terms lol

Posts. Topic titles would be fine in most aspects.

Single emoji topics would be classified as spam.

Share this post


Link to post
CherubPB
40 minutes ago, Aeri said:

Posts. Topic titles would be fine in most aspects.

Single emoji topics would be classified as spam.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up

Share this post


Link to post
Sentry459

thx Draper!

Share this post


Link to post
jimmyb

okay...thx

Share this post


Link to post
rose._.marie

This is good to know! Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure the whole option to like posts now will correct that single spam stuff.

Edited by Barnyard Gal

Share this post


Link to post
StAnn726
On 6/14/2018 at 10:49 PM, Liam said:

Thank you, I see so many unnecessary responses of just one word and some emojis  

Yes, thank you! A few emojis or one word are not the proper responses on CH except in Spam City, and it is definitely annoying! :classic_dry: 

Share this post


Link to post
Born4Bacon

This totally makes sense. If you're too lazy to write more than one word.... than just react!! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Jacob
On 6/15/2018 at 9:24 AM, Aeri said:

If you ever see those, please report them! It makes moderating them much easier for us. 

wellll ive never reported anything cuz its like tattling(which i dont do) so i tell them not to do it again instead

Share this post


Link to post
Aeri
2 hours ago, jake said:

wellll ive never reported anything cuz its like tattling(which i dont do) so i tell them not to do it again instead

Reporting isn't like tattling at all! It's keeping Catholic Harbor safe and friendly for everyone. Us moderators can't be everywhere at once, so the report function is beyond useful for us. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
JuJuBee0101
1 minute ago, Aeri said:

Reporting isn't like tattling at all! It's keeping Catholic Harbor safe and friendly for everyone. Us moderators can't be everywhere at once, so the report function is beyond useful for us. 

I agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Jacob
3 minutes ago, Aeri said:

Reporting isn't like tattling at all! It's keeping Catholic Harbor safe and friendly for everyone. Us moderators can't be everywhere at once, so the report function is beyond useful for us. 

but doesn't it say who reported it?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...