Mr. Warren

Moderator Color Directory

Mr. Warren

When something in a post requires moderation, sometimes the whole post needs to be removed, but more often, it is just a word or small section that is the problem. In those cases, a moderator will edit the post to remove or replace the offending word or section. However, it is important that we indicate where something has been removed, or which words might belong to the moderator and not the original poster. In such cases, the moderator will use a font color specific to them (so the poster knows who edited their post if they have any questions), and will surround the edited area with asterisks.

Moderator Color Directory (this list will obviously grow as we add more moderators):

Draper = blue

SlyGuy12 = orange

Michelina2017 = hot pink

Sir.Jonz = forest green

Faustina720 = purple

Aeri = dark cyan

Joe = black (yes, that is a joke)

• Like 5

slope123

Is this the colors in the posts they edit. Or the colors they have on the who's online.

Mr. Warren

Is this the colors in the posts they edit. Or the colors they have on the who's online.

When they enter someone's post to change something, they will make their edits in these colors so you can differentiate their edits from the original post. The purpose of the different colors is if you wanted to asked them about the edit, you would know which mod to ask.

slope123

Okay thanks. that makes sense.

Squag03

When something in a post requires moderation, sometimes the whole post needs to be removed, but more often, it is just a word or small section that is the problem. In those cases, a moderator will edit the post to remove or replace the offending word or section. However, it is important that we indicate where something has been removed, or which words might belong to the moderator and not the original poster. In such cases, the moderator will use a font color specific to them (so the poster knows who edited their post if they have any questions), and will surround the edited area with asterisks.

Moderator Color Directory (this list will obviously grow as we add more moderators):

Draper = blue

SlyGuy12 = orange

Michelina2017 = hot pink

Sir.Jonz = forest green

Faustina720 = cyan

That makes sense! Thanks for the clarification! :D

Jacinta

Oh, I see. Thanks!

Queen of the Elves

I think all the different colors for the moderators is a cool idea! :D

Bard

It's a great idea!

Mr. Warren

The idea is actually older than most of you... ;) I instituted a moderator color directory for BoredOnline (the ancestor board of Catholic Harbor) back in 2003.

maudeviolin

The idea is actually older than most of you... ;) I instituted a moderator color directory for BoredOnline (the ancestor board of Catholic Harbor) back in 2003.

Really? That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

Sentry459

haha, not older than me. :lol:

SlyGuy12

Ha. I was born the fifth month, so I have approximately a 58% chance of being older.

Mr. Warren

Ha. I was born the fifth month, so I have approximately a 58% chance of being older.

I went back into the archives, it was November of 2003. So you win for now. Consider it an early birthday present.

• Haha 1

SlyGuy12

I went back into the archives, it was November of 2003. So you win for now. Consider it an early birthday present.

Sweeeeeet. 8-)

Faustina720

Haha!

JuJuBee0101

haha, not older than me. :lol:

me either :lol::lol: lol

Victoria

Yes! I’m older just by a month 8-)

Born4Bacon

Younger. :? I was born in December. :lol:

juliamarietherese

Wow! its older than me, I was born in July 04

Sentry459

ummm, anyone care to tell em why Faustina changed to moderating stuff in purple?

Mr. Warren

We had some color changes because some of.our old colors are not as convenient in the new palatte

Sentry459

okay, thx!

idefloveballet
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:12 PM, Draper said:

I'm older by a year. :classic_wink:

Faustina720
On 6/8/2018 at 2:46 PM, Sentry459 said:

ummm, anyone care to tell em why Faustina changed to moderating stuff in purple?

Whoops, should have specified that. As Mr. Warren said, we had to make some changes. I also didn’t think that blue was very easy to read as well... 

Sentry459
5 minutes ago, Faustina720 said:

Whoops, should have specified that. As Mr. Warren said, we had to make some changes. I also didn’t think that blue was very easy to read as well... 

I think an announcement wold have been nice.