Official Site Rules

Mr. Warren

On 10/28/2017 at 10:06 PM, Draper said:

3. Catholic Harbor members are expected to act in a Christian and moral manner.

This includes, but is not limited to, "adult or mature" discussion material, off-color jokes, improper images, disgusting or otherwise offensive posts. Please remember that this is a semi-public, mixed-gender forum and try to keep the conversations modest and appropriate for all. Topics about 6th and 9th Commandment issues would likely fall into this category, so please avoid or be very careful about such topics. Not only do we have a wide range of ages, but parents also have different ideas about what appropriate discussion is. What might be acceptable in one family to discuss, might be seen as inappropriate in another.

Draper, would a modest discussion about the Church's teaching on contraception be prohibited by this rule? I wanted to start a topic on the issue, but I was unsure of doing so because I have the feeling it could break the rules. Am I right in thinking that?

Edited by Beowulf
  • Like 1
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Warren

• John Paul Cabral

• Sew perfect

• AlienBoy

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Draper, would a modest discussion about the Church's teaching on contraception be prohibited by this rule? I wanted to start a topic on the issue, but I was unsure of doing so because I have the feeling it could break the rules. Am I right in thinking that?

That could very easily become mature. It is was something like "When did the Church first prohibit contraception?" I think that could be successful, but we can't discuss the details of contraceptive methods. The probably of something like "how is NFP different from contraception?" or something like that is that it is pretty much guaranteed to eventually get into inappropriate specifics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
BroadwayGirl
6 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Great idea

• 1 month later...

i assume so but I'm just double checking, would abbreviations such as "OMGosh" or any text abbreviations that include cuss words be banned? (also i assume OMGosh would be banned since it's an abbreviation for using God's name in vain)

13 hours ago, AlienBoy said:

i assume so but I'm just double checking, would abbreviations such as "OMGosh" or any text abbreviations that include cuss words be banned? (also i assume OMGosh would be banned since it's an abbreviation for using God's name in vain)

Yes, that falls under Rule 2. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, AlienBoy said:

there's an automatic change to the acronym OMGosh when you type it in

1 hour ago, jimmyb said:

there's an automatic change to the acronym OMGosh when you type it in

OMGosh is there?

Edited by chris44
Wow. There is. Not expecting that XD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, yzwkl said:

That's old news brother xD

Well, I never use "OMGosh" so I didn't know :lol:

IT DID IT AGAIN THIS IS MARVELOUS :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by chris44
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Wow! 1
Incorrect correction
On 4/29/2019 at 6:30 PM, AlienBoy said:

it definitely is

Mr. Warren
2 hours ago, SmartKitty16 said:

@Draper how do I know if a movie is within guidelines? I want to talk about the upcoming Detective Pikachu movie. Is that ok?

I haven't seen it, but IMDB says it is rated PG, so knock yourself out.

• Thanks 1
Mr. Warren
2 hours ago, NickyDub2112 said:

Is Napoleon Dynamite okay too?

Sure, though I am personally not a fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Mr. Warren
9 minutes ago, Sew perfect said:

Would it be alright  if i made a topic on the Passion?

The Mel Gibson film, sure.

• Thanks 1

New Rules #14 and #15 added

#14 Overt flirting, pairing of members, or "shipping" is not permitted.

While some families allow students to date in high school, many do not and would not appreciate the implication that Catholic Harbor was being used to encourage this kind of discussion outside of a debate. Creating fake romantic couples, teasing members about being romantically interested in others, and even talking in detail about real romantic relationships are not allowed (simply stating a real relationship exists would be fine). Slightly related to this is joking or serious statements about finding members of the same sex attractive or about being a different gender--such jokes are inconsistent with the mission of this site and are also not allowed.

#15 Accounts on Catholic Harbor are only to be used by the student to whom they are registered (though read-only access by parents or guardians is encouraged).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Spam Rule altered to remove one-word Spam Rule and reference to Spam City.

10. Spam is not allowed.

Spam posts are defined as irrelevant/meaningless posts that do not communicate a logical idea in connection with the original topic (that can include posts that are meaningful but completely off-topic). Spam topics are those that do not communicate a logical or relevant idea within the context of a forum. Spamming a member's private messages or notifications via tagging is also prohibited.

• Like 3