Catholic Harbor Improvement Plan

Mr. Warren

Ouch I’m big sad about the music forum.

But it looks like you fixed a lot of the problems on here tho so that’s good  

Btw why can’t I seem to view status people's updates? 

• Like 3
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rebel Nodrey

• Lynn Kurenai

• Dais

• Mr. Warren

Top Posters In This Topic

lovetobowl1
1 minute ago, Nina said:

Ouch I’m big sad about the music forum.

But it looks like you fixed a lot of the problems on here tho so that’s good  

Yeah it’s so annoying like makes no sense it’s sure irritating me I wanna see status updates 

Edited by lovetobowl1
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Nina said:

That was addressed in the CHIP

One area that has been a surprisingly frequent place requiring moderation are personal statuses, and given their personal nature, they are almost impossible for our moderators to keep an eye on unless they follow every single member. Having status updates has made the site feel more like a regular social media site as opposed to a true community. We also have many perfectly valid substitutes for it in both the Personal Announcements Forum and in the Blogs. As such, the status feature is being disabled. This should drive more users to the communal forums, improve the overall quality of content, and help ensure consistency in moderation.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
2 minutes ago, Draper said:

That was addressed in the CHIP

o ok, I was confused because people are still posting them but I can’t see them 

• Agree/Same 2
Sylvie |-/

Draper, I'm assuming you're planning to go through the removed forums later and salvage whatever topics, but there are a couple more in particular I'd like to have moved when you get to that point.. including the twenty one pilots discussion topic. Will there be a topic where we'll be able to request this kind of stuff? I don't want to flood this topic with random requests :/

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Sylvie |-/ said:

Draper, I'm assuming you're planning to go through the removed forums later and salvage whatever topics, but there are a couple more in particular I'd like to have moved when you get to that point.. including the twenty one pilots discussion topic. Will there be a topic where we'll be able to request this kind of stuff? I don't want to flood this topic with random requests :/

Maybe making a topic in the Suggestions Box forum to salvage all those lost threads might help.

You could dedicate that topic only for topics you want to bring back from the dead forums. I am sure many people are going to find it useful.

Edited by Beowulf
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Sylvie |-/ said:

I suppose if someone wants to create a topic in the Suggestion Box, that would work. I don't imagine there is much though. I moved the twenty one pilots topic to Uncategorized Topics.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Draper said:

I suppose if someone wants to create a topic in the Suggestion Box, that would work. I don't imagine there is much though. I moved the twenty one pilots topic to Uncategorized Topics.

Would you bring "if you had 2" back to a different forum?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Anthony said:

Would you bring "if you had 2" back to a different forum?

The forum as a whole was spam, which no longer has a place on CH.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Draper said:

So basically, spam is outlawed COMPLETELY

• Like 1
  • Agree/Same 1
22 minutes ago, Draper said:

it was worth a try anyway

Edited by Maximilian Kolbe
  • Wow! 1
2 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Not one word spam tho 

One word spam is outlawed. What has changed is that posts with only one word are not automatically considered spam. If a one-word post is pertinent to the topic, it is allowed, if it is off-topic, irrelevant, or doesn't make sense, it is still spam and would be against the rules.

5 minutes ago, Daisy62300 said:

So basically, spam is outlawed COMPLETELY

Yes.

• Like 3

i dont like this change AT ALL. all the new forums and stuff....everything just looks unorganized honestly.

o and btw. i dont understand why "if u had 2" got deleted with spam. nothing was wrong with spam city anyways. :////

• Like 4
  • Agree/Same 3
4 minutes ago, Draper said:

One word spam is outlawed. What has changed is that posts with only one word are not automatically considered spam. If a one-word post is pertinent to the topic, it is allowed, if it is off-topic, irrelevant, or doesn't make sense, it is still spam and would be against the rules.

Yes.

Still, its better than before. I can finally say bye to someone without havong to write an entire sentence!

• Agree/Same 1
1 hour ago, Lynn Kurenai said:

@Draper does the shipping rule count for imaginary characters? Like in the role plays we have quite a few ships we have and we would like to keep them.

I hadn't actually posted the new rule yet when you asked. Here is the actual wording:

14. Overt flirting, pairing of members, or "shipping" is not permitted.

While some families allow students to date in high school, many do not and would not appreciate the implication that Catholic Harbor was being used to encourage this kind of discussion outside of a debate. Creating fake romantic couples, teasing members about being romantically interested in others, and even talking in detail about real romantic relationships are not allowed (simply stating a real relationship exists would be fine). Slightly related to this is joking or serious statements about finding members of the same sex attractive or about being a different gender--such jokes are inconsistent with the mission of this site and are also not allowed.

It is focused on actual members, so wouldn't specifically apply to fictional characters in the Creative Writing Forum. However, there shouldn't be any detailed romantic descriptions. Like if it was a movie, keep it PG.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Now this is epic

GrizzledTotalAsianlion-size_restricted.g

My jaw dropped to the floor when I read that the one word spam rule is going away and that there's no more spam city. I kinda saw the destruction of SC coming sooner or later, but I wasn't expecting the one word spam rule to go.

• Like 4
  • Agree/Same 1
dutchess_of_hyrule

I kinda like these new rules. Spam City I felt was a waste of time and productivity--especially IYH2. So, I'm very glad to see it go!

Eliminating the one world spam law was a good move, too. I'm liking all these changes, Draper! I'm excited to see CH flourish to a safer and more Catholic place. :)

• Like 4
Rebel Nodrey
1 hour ago, Kasia said:

i dont like this change AT ALL. all the new forums and stuff....everything just looks unorganized honestly.

o and btw. i dont understand why "if u had 2" got deleted with spam. nothing was wrong with spam city anyways. :////

I am with Kasia. Deleting spam city pushes a lot of people away. 

• Like 6
Rebel Nodrey
14 minutes ago, dutchess_of_hyrule said:

I kinda like these new rules. Spam City I felt was a waste of time and productivity--especially IYH2. So, I'm very glad to see it go!

Eliminating the one world spam law was a good move, too. I'm liking all these changes, Draper! I'm excited to see CH flourish to a safer and more Catholic place. :)

Then don't go there. It wasn't hurting anyone and I could actually talk to my friends about random stuff without getting modded

• Like 2

Sorry to say this, but I feel like with the mods voting for ambassadors they will just show favoritism and only vote for their friends or the people the like.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Lydia_rose said:

Sorry to say this, but I feel like with the mods voting for ambassadors they will just show favoritism and only vote for their friends or the people the like.

I already had the mods vote. We will be announcing them within a few days, but the members chosen are the same 4 that I would have picked had I directly appointed them instead of sharing that choice. Their decisions were based on which members would be the best to fill that roll. Almost every mod has a younger sibling on CH. None of them were selected (or even proposed).

• Like 4
  • Agree/Same 1