About Me Policy

Mr. Warren

In order to keep member's personal information safe, I cannot give moderators the ability to edit member profiles. That means that they cannot edit the About Me section on a profile, and if a member posts something they shouldn't, I have to edit it personally. This hasn't been a huge issue up to this point, but with the deactivation of Status Updates back in June, a greater number of members have taken to use their About Me sections for a large amount of text and images. We can't have something like this that cannot be easily moderated, so I need to set up a new policy.

The About Me section of your profile should be limited to biographical information (the kind that doesn't change often), shouldn't include outside images that are not from our Gallery, and shouldn't be insanely long, say about a 1,000 word maximum.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree/Same 2
  • Sad 4
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Warren

• lovetobowl1

• Phoenix

• WilliamSkelton

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mr. Warren said:

In order to keep member's personal information safe, I cannot give moderators the ability to edit member profiles. That means that they cannot edit the About Me section on a profile, and if a member posts something they shouldn't, I have to edit it personally. This hasn't been a huge issue up to this point, but with the deactivation of Status Updates back in June, a greater number of members have taken to use their About Me sections for a large amount of text and images. We can't have something like this that cannot be easily moderated, so I need to set up a new policy.

The About Me section of your profile should be limited to biographical information (the kind that doesn't change often), shouldn't include outside images that are not from our Gallery, and shouldn't be insanely long, say about a 1,000 word maximum.

But you can say something about your friends, right? It's about me because they are my best buddies and we have themes (such as my tres AmigAs).

• Like 1
On 9/24/2019 at 11:30 AM, pianoplayingpony said:

But you can say something about your friends, right? It's about me because they are my best buddies and we have themes (such as my tres AmigAs).

Never mind, I thinks it's ok judging by your text. 👌

Edited by pianoplayingpony
Yes, strange internet person viewing the open forum, I thinks :0 ;P
46 minutes ago, Mr. Warren said:

So does this mean I need to change my about me page that took me forever to do? 

• Agree/Same 2
23 minutes ago, Icecool said:

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I get what he's saying but... still disappointing. 

• Agree/Same 2
1 hour ago, Icecool said:

Yea. Me too. 

39 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I get what he's saying but... still disappointing. 

Same. 

Ok so I have a problem. I'm trying to be a good child and take all the pics out of my bio but it's not working. I tried on both my phone and laptop and I can't take them out so I'm not sure what to do about that

• Haha 1
WilliamSkelton
36 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Ok so I have a problem. I'm trying to be a good child and take all the pics out of my bio but it's not working. I tried on both my phone and laptop and I can't take them out so I'm not sure what to do about that

Meaning what? When you hit the delete button it doesn't delete? Are you clicking the save button before exiting?

5 hours ago, Mr. Warren said:

Does that mean @Daisy's profile is gonna be editied? )`;

11 minutes ago, WilliamSkelton said:

Meaning what? When you hit the delete button it doesn't delete? Are you clicking the save button before exiting?

Is there a delete button? I've just been trying to select them and cut them out. When I select all and cut it doesn't do anything. At first I just tried to take out the song lyrics and pics but after that didn't work I tried to cut the whole thing but it wouldn't let me cut out the whole thing either

4 hours ago, Icecool said:

The pictures of food part wouldn't fit any longer under this new policy, but all of the rest of it, your biographical information and pictures of you and your life are great.

WilliamSkelton
29 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Is there a delete button? I've just been trying to select them and cut them out. When I select all and cut it doesn't do anything. At first I just tried to take out the song lyrics and pics but after that didn't work I tried to cut the whole thing but it wouldn't let me cut out the whole thing either

Try using the backspace key on your keyboard instead of the cut function.

33 minutes ago, Solkitty said:

Does that mean @Daisy's profile is gonna be editied? )`;

Daisy's About Me section is only 444 words (or at least that's what the word counter I use says). So fortunately, there's no need to edit her About Me since it perfectly follows the guidelines Mr. Warren outlined.

• Like 1
WilliamSkelton
4 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

That doesn't work either

So when you navigate to the image and press backspace does it disappear and then reappear when you look at your profile or does it straight up not do anything?

6 hours ago, Mr. Warren said:

say about a 1,000 word maximum.

all the girls on this website

sYDqBU1.jpg

Edited by Mr_ Flimflam
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, WilliamSkelton said:

So when you navigate to the image and press backspace does it disappear and then reappear when you look at your profile or does it straight up not do anything?

It doesn't do anything

27 minutes ago, Mr_ Flimflam said:

all the girls on this website

sYDqBU1.jpg

how else am i supposed to tell everyone why i love pizza and marvel? 😩😩😩

Edited by ACC1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, ACC1 said:

how else am i supposed to tell everyone why i love pizza and marvel? 😩😩😩

and don't forget how sad we are and how much we love *insert boy band*😩😩😩

Edited by Mr_ Flimflam
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mr_ Flimflam said:

and don't forget how sad we are and how much we love *insert boy band*😩😩😩

People can still put those in their bios in the interests section tho :]

• Like 2
  • Agree/Same 1
23 minutes ago, Solkitty said:

People can still put those in their bios in the interests section tho :]

The interests section is actually more visible than the About Me page, so...

Image result for i see this as an absolute win gif

• Like 5
  • Agree/Same 1