Image Guidelines

Mr. Warren

Although we don't currently allow direct uploading of photos into posts aside from avatars, having image guidelines can be helpful for embedded images. Below are the image guidelines we used on BoredOnline. They are fairly restrictive. In general with images, it is good to be overly cautious. Everyone has a different interpretation of where the exact boundaries of modesty fall, and for the sake of this community, we want to use standards that will be acceptable to almost everyone.

The following types of images which are prohibited include (but are not limited to):

1.) Images of a seductive, immodest or revealing nature:

• Shirts: spaghetti straps, no straps, deep V neck, tight at the bust, revealing the stomach

• Shorts: any type that are too tight or revealing; (the length to be judged case by case)

• Skirts: above the knee, too tight, slit past the knee

• Absolutely no bathing suits

2.) Images of guys without shirts

(Images of babies may be allowed which technically violate the rules above.)

3.) Images of a disgusting or unsettling nature:

• No images of gruesome aliens

• No images of a gothic or vampire nature (or other sub-cultures CH parents are likely to find objectionable)

• No images of blood, wounds, skeletons, bones etc

4.) Images which expose public displays of affection which contain, but are not limited to:

• seduction

• the arousal of immodesty or impurity

• a moderate or high level of intimacy

Of course, images often need to be assessed on an individual basis, and this listing is meant to serve as a guide to those who wish to share pictures, and the moderation staff is not necessarily strictly bound to it. All images are left to the discretion of the moderators/admins.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trust_in_You_1931

• Mr. Warren

• NickyDub2112

• SassyCapybara

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those would like to post their own picture on this site. A website you may use is: http://https://imgbb.com/

Please remember to abide by the rules stated above, and remember to stay safe online, as your pictures are never actually safe anywhere.

Happy Posting!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a question, one thing i enjoy doing is drawing on myself kinda of lik the henna stuff, but with plain old pens and markers, would it being against the image guidelines to post picture of that?(as long as the images on my arms fit within the image guidelines)

• Like 1
Charlotte |-/
8 minutes ago, Joseph said:

i have a question, one thing i enjoy doing is drawing on myself kinda of lik the henna stuff, but with plain old pens and markers, would it being against the image guidelines to post picture of that?(as long as the images on my arms fit within the image guidelines)

i dont believe that'd be against the rules lol no reason to be against em i think 

3 hours ago, Joseph said:

No problem, nothing in the rules that touches anything like that as long as the images themselves aren't depicting something which violates the rules.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
NickyDub2112

Whenever I try to upload my photos, it says that the maximum file size is 499 KB and under. My photos are like 7000 KB JPEGs, what can I do to upload them?

• Agree/Same 1
iZZieKurogami
30 minutes ago, NickyDub2112 said:

Whenever I try to upload my photos, it says that the maximum file size is 499 KB and under. My photos are like 7000 KB JPEGs, what can I do to upload them?

i always crop mine by taking screenshots and crop, screenshot and crop, sceenshot and crop. tada

• Like 1
NickyDub2112
1 hour ago, Wrenber said:

i always crop mine by taking screenshots and crop, screenshot and crop, sceenshot and crop. tada

Alright thanks I'll try

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NickyDub2112 said:

there’s also some great online image resizers you can use (:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
NickyDub2112
On 3/10/2019 at 12:59 PM, Born4Bacon said:

No problem!

Hey now I can't figure out how to upload photos to personal messenger, and they are under 499 KB. Help me I've tried everything.

11 minutes ago, NickyDub2112 said:

Hey now I can't figure out how to upload photos to personal messenger, and they are under 499 KB. Help me I've tried everything.

Try uploading the image to a free image hosting site, such as imgurl, and link to it.

• Like 1
NickyDub2112
5 minutes ago, NJB said:

Try uploading the image to a free image hosting site, such as imgurl, and link to it.

Wow thanks! I used one called ImgBB. It was quick and easy, but I had to put a link in text, and then my friend had to go to the website to view it. That's okay though. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Are images of the Passion of Christ that depict Jesus nearly naked against the rules? I am thinking of the painting of Christ Crucified by Diego Velazquez as an example.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Are images of the Passion of Christ that depict Jesus nearly naked against the rules? I am thinking of the painting of Christ Crucified by Diego Velazquez as an example.

Those would fall under the "All images are left to the discretion of the moderators/admins." clause would mostly likely be allowed. The specific one you mentioned would be, I almost used it myself for our Good Friday announcement.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Draper said:

Those would fall under the "All images are left to the discretion of the moderators/admins." clause would mostly likely be allowed. The specific one you mentioned would be, I almost used it myself for our Good Friday announcement.

makes sense. besides, why would our lord have any restrictions placed on him?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 7:15 PM, Draper said:

skeletons, bones

What are skeletons and bones prohibited for? I'm particularly curious about the bones; I mean, we've all seen bones before. Would this mean if I were to post an image of a chicken leg I took a bite of with the bone showing it would get removed? If I were to post an image of the skeleton of T-rex, would that get removed? 

Edited by Arx
  • Agree/Same 1
Maximilian Kolbe
7 minutes ago, Arx said:

What are skeletons and bones prohibited for? I'm particularly curious about the bones; I mean, we've all seen bones before. Would this mean if I were to post an image of a chicken leg I took a bite off with the bone showing it would get removed? If I were to post an image of the skeleton of T-rex, would that get removed? 

Excellent question. Note also that there are a lot of memes in CH Memes involving a certain human skeleton which are completely fine and allowed.

Mr. Warren
2 hours ago, Arx said:

What are skeletons and bones prohibited for? I'm particularly curious about the bones; I mean, we've all seen bones before. Would this mean if I were to post an image of a chicken leg I took a bite of with the bone showing it would get removed? If I were to post an image of the skeleton of T-rex, would that get removed? 

Only if they are disgusting or unsettling.