Approval Process for New Members

Mr. Warren

(Please remember you must be at least 13 and a currently enrolled student in Seton to register.)

There will be a time delay between when you register and when your account is activated as there are several steps in the approval process. First, a Seton staff member has to check your real name and family number to verify that you are a currently enrolled student or graduate. Second, an email is sent to your parents or guardian (to the email address Seton has on file for the family) asking for permission to activate your account. Once permission has been received, a Seton staff member has to activate the account.

• Like 16
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Only if you are a graduate (or did 12th Grade), and if that has been over a year since graduation, the member could only have access to the Alumni forum, which current students don't have access to. If you were enrolled, for example in Seton for 8th Grade, but are now in a different school or 9th or 10th, then no, that person would not be eligible. Having an active Seton enrollment is a requirement for membership (even for current members to retain their membership) or being a graduate.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Draper said:

Only if you are a graduate (or did 12th Grade), and if that has been over a year since graduation, the member could only have access to the Alumni forum, which current students don't have access to. If you were enrolled, for example in Seton for 8th Grade, but are now in a different school or 9th or 10th, then no, that person would not be eligible. Having an active Seton enrollment is a requirement for membership (even for current members to retain their membership) or being a graduate.

In the strange event that a student is enrolled in Seton for every grade besides 12th, are they not eligible for the alumni forum?

• Like 1
Maximilian Kolbe
17 minutes ago, Aeri said:

In the strange event that a student is enrolled in Seton for every grade besides 12th, are they not eligible for the alumni forum?

This is an excellent question, as I recently met a guy who had been in Seton through like 11th grade, but then had moved to a small private school. Not sure why, but this really does happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Aeri said:

If that student went directly from Seton into college, I might consider that, kind of like a graduate without finishing, but no, if they went to another high school, they would not be eligible as it currently stands.

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, Fermilab said:

How long does it usually take to verify a student is enrolled?

It depends on my schedule, but recently it has been long. I have gotten mostly caught up, but it was like a two-week wait last month.

1 hour ago, Elements said:

what happens if your not enrolled the next year?

Then when I do the next enrollment check I would notice a member is no longer enrolled. If they are still an active member, I would contact them to ask them about it, and if they confirm they left Seton, their account would be deactivated after a couple week notice.

• Thanks 1
Halfling Sized Ranger

@Mr. Warren, do alumni have to leave CH after a certain point?  I know they have their own special alumni forum and they go there once a year has passed from their graduation.  I guess my question is: do alumni stay there for a certain amount of time (Two years, three years, etc.) and leave CH altogether when that certain amount of time is up?  Or do they stay there for as long as they want?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm a senior this year and I'm graduating in 2020.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Halfling Sized Ranger said:

@Mr. Warren, do alumni have to leave CH after a certain point?  I know they have their own special alumni forum and they go there once a year has passed from their graduation.  I guess my question is: do alumni stay there for a certain amount of time (Two years, three years, etc.) and leave CH altogether when that certain amount of time is up?  Or do they stay there for as long as they want?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm a senior this year and I'm graduating in 2020.

You can stay in the alumni forum forever. (:

Edited by SmartKitty16
Well not forever forever but you get the idea.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3