November Enrollment check

Mr. Warren

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be doing another enrollment check. I will probably only do these once a year from now on, most likely November - December (because most enrollments don't expire until November).

Having an active enrollment with Seton or being a graduate is a membership requirement for Catholic Harbor.

Couple things to keep in mind:

- enrollments don't technically expire until 14 months after enrollment (Nov 1 for any enrollment in the traditional enrollment season, June-August).
- Seton does have 6-month extensions (with fee) available to keep an enrollment active longer if needed.
- Even a single course qualifies a student as having an active enrollment
- If I notice an enrollment is expired, but the member hasn't logged into the site in many many months, I will automatically deactivate it.
- If I notice an enrollment is expired, but the member is still active, I will contact the member first by private message to get more information before taking any action.

Also for older members, keep in mind Rule 12:

12. The current student community will be kept separate from the alumni community.

Alumni have their own members forum. If an admin has noticed it has been 12 months since a member's 12th Grade enrollment, they will be given access to the Alumni Forum. There will be a one-year grace period when the recently graduated member will have access to both the current student forums and to the alumni forum. After one year, they will lose access to the current student forums and only have access to the alumni community. (Moderators are currently an exception). Once that year has past, the alumni group with be their primary group (and their username will change color). This rule prohibits current students from PMing members who have alumni-only access and alumni-only members are prohibited from PMing current students.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, shorthibl101 said:

What about all the grads from 2018??? Are they leaving???

According to this, it seems they have until a year after they graduated to stay on this, the current student forum. Then they will only have access to the alumni forum.

Maximilian Kolbe
2 hours ago, shorthibl101 said:

also is it possible for people who leave Seton be for they graduate to join the alumni page after they graduate high school??? 

Under the current rules no.

Maximilian Kolbe
45 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

What is the CH Alumni?

It is the forum for anyone who has graduated Seton. For one year after graduation though, you would have access both to it and to the regular forums.

36 minutes ago, Maximilian Kolbe said:

It is the forum for anyone who has graduated Seton. For one year after graduation though, you would have access both to it and to the regular forums.

How many current members have access to both?

Maximilian Kolbe
1 minute ago, atiger25 said:

How many current members have access to both?

Not very many, and there are very few who are strictly alumni.

The number will jump a fair bit after this year's graduation though.

11 hours ago, Maximilian Kolbe said:

How long do you have on the alumni forum before they kick you off CH forever?

3 hours ago, lovetobowl1 said:

How long do you have on the alumni forum before they kick you off CH forever?

You can stay in the alumni group forever.

On 12/18/2018 at 9:55 PM, Maximilian Kolbe said:

are you graduating this year?

5 minutes ago, Maximilian Kolbe said:

No, I am a Junior currently, class of 2020!

nice, do you mind if i ask what week your on at the moment?

Maximilian Kolbe
3 minutes ago, Mr_ Flimflam said:

nice, do you mind if i ask what week your on at the moment?

No, not sure why it helps, but week 17. Day is variable depending on the subject.

Archived