Reminder about PMs and the Site Rules

Mr. Warren

The site rules don't just apply to the forums, but to private messages as well. That means you should not be:

1) Making anti-Catholic statements
2) Using profanity
3) Talking about "mature" topics or making offensive jokes
4) Disrespectful or uncharitable
5) Encouraging members to leave Seton
6) Cheating on Seton work
9) Sharing other members private messages
10) Sending unsolicited Spam (if the desire to spam is mutual, I don't have a problem)
11) Recommending inappropriate movies, TV, etc.

Because the private messages are not regularly monitored by our moderators like our forums are, it is all the more important that the rules be followed. Those of you who have PM ability are being trusted to use it responsibly.

If there is ever a problem, and other member is breaking the rules in a PM. I absolutely want you to let me know about it and you can report it. (Moderators can see the PMs only if they are reported. I can view any conversation I need to if I have reason to think there might be a problem.)

Thankfully, I don't think anyone else is really doing them either, but once in a blue moon there is a minor issue, and I just figured it would be good to remind everything just to make sure there was no confusion about whether the rules only applied to forums or PMs as well. Best we are all on the same page.

Just now, Draper said:

Thankfully, I don't think anyone else is really doing them either, but once in a blue moon there is a minor issue, and I just figured it would be good to remind everything just to make sure there was no confusion about whether the rules only applied to forums or PMs as well. Best we are all on the same page.

Good idea.:classic_biggrin:

• Mr. Warren pinned this topic

Archived